At Desert Winds Community Church
Posted: September 27, 2023
We are looking for a teacher who is local outreach oriented, experienced, friendly, and accessible to lead us down God’s prepared path. We want a Spirit led mentor with a shared enthusiasm to walk beside us in our journey and guide us towards our vision.
- Lead Pastor is expected to meet the Biblical standards for elders outlined in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Willing to be ordained by the Kingdom Network (KN) if not already ordained by KN, following acceptance of the position.
- Expected to be accountable to the Scriptures and the Governing Board for the faithful commitment of duties as described in the bylaws of DWCC and the Kingdom Network.
- Casting the vision and direction for the church as guided by the Holy Spirit.
- Communicate the Annual Vision, Ministry Plan, and financial summary to the congregation approved by the Governing Board.
- Oversee general administrative duties including annual budget.
- Lead the church in outreach as stated in the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20).
- Partner with the greater body of Christ within our community.
- Act as Governing Board President and hold regular staff meetings.
- Responsible for the hiring, overseeing, and dismissal of all church staff.
- Perform baptisms, funerals, and weddings.
- Provide counseling.
Find out more on our Lead Pastor Candidate Resources page.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or call Robbie Shields at (661) 406-3156.
If you’re ready to move forward send us a couple of paragraphs on why you feel led to apply and why you feel you’d be a good fit for the position.
We look forward to speaking with you!